Sunday, March 28, 2010

Year Thirty One Begins

This year my birthday was made very special by so many friends and family. It was so lovely, especially since all I kept thinking was how do I have a birthday with out the person that gave birth to me? I had that thought the entire first week of March and again when I work up on March 5th. However, the thought was pushed away quickly when Peter came home with this!!!



How awesome is this? It is a "cake" from one of our new favorite places Dutch Monkey Doughnuts. My favorite doughnut there is their cinnamon twist and this little fella is made entirely of them.

You maybe asking yourself, " cute, but why is this in the shape of a squide?" Well that is a cute story in itself, but......I will save that for another time! :-)

We headed to dinner with our squide in tow. We dinned that night at one of my favorite restaurants, Sushi Nami. We were joined the the Gilbertsons and the Kallos' and their kids surprised me with another sweet surprise. A beautiful strawberry cake that they made themselves!



The sweets were enjoyed by all and I had a fantastic birthday. Looking forward to the coming year and all the surprises it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment