Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Learning to Can, I may be hooked! :)

For holiday gifts this year I found a recipe in my Everyday Food Magazine for an Apple Pear Butter that you make in your slow cooker. The recipe instructs you to jar it and then keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. I made up a couple of batches and had a little left over for Peter and I. OMG, delicious! We both loved it. I wanted to make more but making the whole recipe would make too much for just the two of us to eat in 3 weeks. So I thought, surely I should be able to can this. Sure enough I could and I did! :)

I read several websites and watched many online videos and really canning something like this is not hard to do. Here is a link to the video I found the most helpful.



Of course I was making Apple- Pear Butter and not Blueberry Jam but the progress is the same. It was a bit time consuming, but not difficult. I am proud to say that all but one of my 10 jars sealed! So gratifying and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment