Monday, April 18, 2011

Wishes

I have many, but really, who doesn't?

  • I wish I could be a fantastic cook (not chef...way too formal) with skills worthy of the Foodnetwork. Although I don't really want to be on TV, I just want the skills worthy of TV. :)
  • I wish to be an interesting photographer. One that has style and beauty.
  • I wish for the people that I love to feel that love and to be truly happy in their lives.
  • I wish for one more conversation, smile, hug, meal and laugh with my sweet Mother.
  • I wish I had a knack for interior design.
  • I wish to end world hunger.
  • I wish for..................................................................honestly, this list is never ending.
Wishes are healthy and inspirational and often can turn into reality. When I wish I try to make them realistic so that they are obtainable, but alas some wishes will always be just that, wishes.

So, why all this talk about wishes? Well, this morning I plugged in one of my favorite gifts ever, I mean EVER. My Sony Reader.

When I do this the software always brings up their book store (and why wouldn't it, any way to get you to spend money, right) and every time I find myself spending at least 20 minutes browsing and wishing I could by them all. We would be in the poor house if I did, I love books, I can't get enough of them.

There is a saving grace though, Sony has conveniently added a "Wish List" tab so that I can keep track off all the books I pine for.

Now here are some wishes (in no particular order) that will become a reality very soon. I like that thought, it's a good way to start a Monday! :)

Sources of Light~ by: Margaret McMullan
Save Me~ by: Lisa Scottoline
Gone With a Handsomer Man~ by: Michael Lee West
Two Kisses for Maddy~ by: Matt Logelin
Heaven is for Real~ by: Todd Burpo
The Lincoln Lawyer~ by: Michael Connelly
Unbroken~ by: Laura Hillenbrand
Sarah's Key~ by: Tatiana de Rosnay
Under the Banner of Heaven~ by: Jon Krakauer
All That is Bitter and Sweet~ by: Ashley Judd
The Art of Racing in the Rain~ by: Garth Stein
The Pioneer Woman~ by: Ree Drummond

No comments:

Post a Comment