Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crazy Cooking

What a crazy cooking weekend! I loved it. Sometimes I just get the bug to cook and it is so fun.

The past weekend I made key lime pie, pound cake with citrus glaze, almond pound cake with chocolate glaze, chicken & veggie soup, and lasagna. All of which was shared with others which is the best part of all. I love to share things from the kitchen with family and friends.

I didn't remember to take photos of everything but here are a few.




The soup I think was my favorite out of all of this. The addition of kale made it so yummy. Another trick I tried with the soup was making the stock in my slow cooker. It work our great.

The pound cake both with the citrus glaze and the chocolate were good but not great. A new challenge for me! I found it to be a bit dry. The recipe I used called for only a half pound of butter and then 3/4 cup of buttermilk. Now, I made this recipe thinking it would be "healthier".....who am I kidding? It's cake, I should just make the straight traditional recipe. I will probably give it a go this coming weekend.

The lasagna looked and smelled great but we actually didn't eat it, it went to my families house for their enjoyment. The key lime pie (not pictured) was very tasty and simple to make. I am however feeling like I need more of a pie challenge. Ideas are welcome!

Happy cooking to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment