Thursday, March 17, 2011

Around the House

I am still trying to practice photography everyday. I've gotten some critiques from the fantastic instructors with Click Workshops as well as Peter and although I think I'm off to a good start, there is a long way to go. Focal points are what I am working on now which I am finding a bit challenging, especially when photographing children- they are constant moving targets! So I've set out around the house to find things that don't move to give it a go. Still challenging but easier.


I moved this small vase of flowers all over the house, took literally 100 photos of it and decided this was the best of the lot. 


Our beloved "child" Lucy. Although she too can be a constant moving target she is also a supreme couch potato so it was easy to get this shot, but not many more....as soon as she saw me getting down to her level she jumped off Peter's lap and onto the back of the couch to play with me! :)


This is our foyer table. It's small and I think it should be a bit larger for the space, but I love it and can't seem to bring myself to go hunting for something more suitable. I also took far too many photos of this trying to get the right framing, angle, light, etc.

Meet Zeke. He's really not our style, but we were both drawn to him at a booth in Ashville, NC while walking around an art fair. He reminds me of something my Mom would have had in her home, and therefore he will always have a place in mine.

After this round of photos I've learned that I may now understand the functionality of this Fancy Pants camera, but I have a long way to go before I produce a photograph worthy of being hung on a wall. I'm up for the adventure, and can't wait to get back behind the lens. 

2 comments:

  1. Your photos look beautiful, Emily. I especially love "Lucy", also because she looks like our Rudy, although Rudy is more of a miniature pinscher mix with shorter ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irene, I'm practicing! Hopefully they will just get better. :)

    ReplyDelete