Friday, March 4, 2011

You outta be in pictures.....or taking them

When I was a little girl and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would always say photographer. I thought it would be so cool to create the beautiful images I saw in my mom's Vanity Fair magazines. But, as little girls grow, things change and we don't always grow up to be what we dreamed we would be. Instead, I married a photographer figuring it would be the next best thing....just kidding. His love of photography was always there but he didn't really get into photography for several years into our marriage.

When Peter really started getting into photography we bought a camera for me. A "starter" Cannon Rebel T1i. When it arrived I was thrilled, loved the idea of finally trying my hand at the art I've always enjoyed from a far and knew very little about. I took it out of the box, set that bad boy to "auto" and took approximately 10 photos. Then, I retreated back to my familiar and easy to use point and shoot and forgot about my new found toy. That was a year and a half ago.

Then one early October morning before heading to the office I checked my email, only to find a Groupon (BTW, I love Groupon, check it out if you haven't already) to take an introduction to digital photography course with Click Workshops on a whim I bought it, I figured it was time to really introduce myself to this "starter" SLR. I took the course a few weeks ago and wow am I addicted! First I must say that if you are in the Atlanta or Birmingham area and have any interest in learning to use your SLR please consider Click Workshops. Jody and Elizabeth were amazing and I can't wait to take their advance course. Since taking the workshop I've been out shooting almost everyday. I am loving every moment of it.....perhaps I may be able to say someday that when I grow up I will be a photographer.  

I found a quote that I think sums up how I'm feeling right now....


“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst". – Henri Cartier-Bresson

But hey...you've got start somewhere right? Here are a few I think have turned out fairly well, so much room for improvement but it's a start.



My Sweet nephew Riley, and his beloved Bunny

Miss Presley who is like my niece. I actually entered this photo in a contest Click Workshops is doing to win a more of their workshops. Pretty good but you should check out their Facebook page to see the competition, such amazing talented people out there!

Presley & Merritt- Sibling Love

Took this one with Peter's guidance during sunset, I am also playing with editing as you can see.

The Cherry Trees are starting to bloom, can you believe that this little "meadow" is part of my office park?

No comments:

Post a Comment